Naomi just grew out of her bassinet.
2) Removing her from the bassinet.
3) Texting my wife. (“No more bass. The beast has risen.”)
4) Snapping a few last pictures of her in Ole Bassy, then folding it up and taking it down to the garage.
5) Feeling sad.
1) Yay! I can sit up in this thing!
2) Woohoo! Are we going somewhere new?!
3) Oooh, let me touch the little thing with the colorful touchy screen!
4) I didn’t know my bed folded up? Neat-o!
5) Ahhh . . . I love life.
We all grow out of things; out of places; out of relationships; out of entire ways of being.
Thus, Baby Step #7: Learning to do it in style. Gracefully.
If you’ve grown out of something, you may have just grown up a little.
Would love to hear about your experiences. And thank you — each of you — for your interest and support. In the week since launch, the 1000 Baby Steps blog community has gone over the 1,000 hits mark. I’ve put a live hits counter in the sidebar to celebrate! 🙂